Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I'm not receiving emails on my bb 8820

All of a sudden i'n not getting emails, i have tried syncing with the on line manager and tried reloading the disc, tried email settings but that won't let me enter any text. it keeps saying "it does not know it's message accont address or it's not configured" Pleeeese help - i need to geting working before morning (currently 22.50 uk time)

thanks!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: I'm not receiving emails on my bb 8820

Can you resend your service books?  This usually helps for most email issues.  The other thing to attempt is to simply do a battery pull (a.k.a. hard reset).  This can often resolve other issues.  In this case, when you pull the battery, wait a full minute reinserting it to ensure that the device gets a full reset.  Barring all of this, if you are a BIS client, contact your carrier for assistance.  If you're a BES client, you may need to speak with your BES admin.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry to seem brain dead, but what is a service book?! Also how will i know if i'm BIS client or a BES client?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30

BES is blackberry enterprise server, it would be if you get work email, calendar, contacts wirelessly updated to your device from the IT department at your work.

BIS is Blackberry Internet Service, so you can setup your personal emails (hotmail, gmail, comcast, verizon etc...) BIS can also be used for some work emails as long as a BES isnt being used.

service books are a configuration file on your device that tells your device how to send out email...it is ONLY for outbound, not inbound.

If you email is setup on BIS you can log into your Carrier BIS site to change anything you want to do with your BIS account. As well when you are logged into it, there is an option to SEND SERVICE BOOKS

If you dont know your BIS website I have a trick to find it that seems to work for most carriers

Google search "yourcarriername bis" example: "verizon bis" excluding the quotes. replace Verizon with your carrier name

most of the time the first link that comes into google is your carrier BIS site, click on that link and log in. You can add, remove, edit your emails and send your service books.

If you cant figure this out, you can call your carrier and they can walk you through it.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

To the OP (hill), did you get this figured out?  And if so, what ended up working for you (so that we have the solution for other users)?

Let us know if you have any other questions!

drizzt09, good description of the BES and BIS. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!