Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm not receiving my Blackberry ID password reset e-mails

I'm trying to reset my password.  each time I do so, the web page and in phone app say that an e-mail has been sent yet I never receive one.  What else can I do to reset my password.

My Device: Curve 8500

Re: I'm not receiving my Blackberry ID password reset e-mails

I'm having an even worse problem. no matter which image I try to type the text from, it always says the value I put is not valid so it is not even generating the link. I really need access to the app world please help!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

I am having exactly the same problem and have searched the web for the answer - what is going on - I signed up to protect the phone but it won't let me use it - the user ID and password were correct that I entered - seemed to like the first time but not since

My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

This is completely frustrating I have entered the correct password and it declines, now when I request a new pass I am getting the same. Has anyone received a r

Mickl6 wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem and have searched the web for the answer - what is going on - I signed up to protect the phone but it won't let me use it - the user ID and password were correct that I entered - seemed to like the first time but not since

esolution to this???

New Contributor

What I have done is entered a new ID and email and set up a new account this seems to work at present I think if you find you original email on your blackberry after the original set up you can click on the link and delete the original one and then edit the new one to give you back your original email address. I believe if you have bought apps it will recognise these - but after 5 - 6 days searching for an answer this is the only one I could see that might work - just make sure you have backed up all your informtion first though

I did not delete the old account until I knew the new one would work.

Looking at the queries on google about this it does seem to be a common problem

I am not a techcie by the way - but it resolved my issues for the moment

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8500

it's great that Blackberry is outsourcing support to the community using edge solutions like Lithium... but I would expect someone from RIM to help us given the products are not exactly the cheapest out there

New Contributor

Yes you are right it seems a shame one has to rely on users to assist you - but at present they must be having a nightmare with this current outage hope it sorts itself out soon as I still love my blackberry

My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: cricket

I have not received my Blackberry reset email either which is very frustrating.  I have not been able to elicit any response from Blackberry either.  Any suggestions?  Contact information?

Creek
New Contributor

hi you could do what I did and that is go in again and set up a new account initially with a different email address and then when you get the blackberry message log again into the account and change back - it worked for me and I'm not techie but no one seemed to know what else to do and remember to save that original email that comes back to you - hope this helps - good luck