Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I my Storm broke so Verizon sent me a replacement phone....

I my Storm broke so Verizon sent me a replacement phone. I am trying to Install Vlingo Plus on my new phone, but it won't transfer. It wants a activation code, which Vlingo said to use the word "vlingo". That does not work and now they said that there is a know bug and I should contact Blackberry Tech support. Can you help me intstall Vlingo Plus on my new phone please?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I my Storm broke so Verizon sent me a replacement phone....

Hi there!

To re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7268/Re-install_an_item_on_a_different_device_643962_11.js...

For more registration key information, see this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18646

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Vling tech support already told me to do those steps and it did not work. They said there is a known bug with trasferring apps using App world on Verizon phones. Do you know what that bug is?

Thanks.

Yaldoo

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Nope...never heard that one before. I'd suggest talking to VZW again about the bug plus find out what their recommended workaround is.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

Hi again!

Guess what? You've been the beneficiary of some back-channel special assistance! Someone took note of your issue and instituted a test with VLingo to see if they could replicate and resolve the problem. This kind soul initiated a support ticket with VLingo; here is what they received in response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Vlingo.

To activate your Vlingo Plus purchase, simply speak once to Vlingo.  Hold the side key and speak ‘Send email’.  If you’re able to compose an email, then Vlingo Plus is active.  After you speak to Vlingo at least once, you should find that the 'Get Vlingo Plus' button no longer appears, which also indicates that you have Vlingo Plus.

If you purchased Vlingo Plus from BlackBerry App World, you do NOT need a registration key (even if App World suggests that you do).  You may have seen the following message after Vlingo finished downloading to your phone: 

"The license key for vlingo is as follows.  You may need this key when accessing the application for the first time.  Vlingo".  

Again, this license key is an App World feature that Vlingo doesn't use.  You won't need the key, so just click 'OK'.    

If this doesn't resolve the issue you're encountering, please reply to this email with additional detail about the problem.

Best regards,
Vlingo Support

Now, myself not being a VLingo user, most of that is pretty much meaningless to me...but I am hoping it will provide you with what you  need. Please give it a shot and let us know how it works out!

Cheers

Contributor

Yea they already told me that. I think that is the second email they told me try to get it to work. But that did not work either.  It still asks for a activation code and if I leave it blank it won't accept it. And if i tye the code VLINGO that does not work either. I have tried all options from Vlingo support. Their last email was that it is a know bug with blackberry app world and to contact you guys. I now know they lied to me just to get rid of me. They got my $18 and thats all the care about. I will never buy another app from them. Oh well thanks for trying to help me.
Contributor

Anything else??? Do you know why Vlingo is so set on this being a bug with App World?? They justt sent me an email and  said I have to have RIM  fix it. It is not their problem.

WARNING to anyone buying items on App World: Be careful if something should go wrong with the app Blackberry won't talk to you unless you pay $40. They won't help you no matter what. What a joke!!!! And Vlingo tech support  is not better. THey may not charge but they don't care if you get if fixed or not once they get your money. I am switching to the I-Phone and I suggest everyone else do the same. Everyone I know that has an I-phone says the same thing. They stand behind the Apps and get any problems fixed. They don't shift the blame like Vling or Blackberry does.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hello yaldoo

I have sent you a private message requesting some information so that we may get this resolved for you.  Please respond to the PM as soon as possible 

SR 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

UPDATE:

Brian from Blackberry contacted me and issued me a refund right away. Thank you Brian for doing what others would not and for caring about the problems I was having transferring VLINGO to my replacement phone.

Yaldoo

Smooth Rider,

I am having the same exact problem as the original poster (yaldoo). I have contacted Vlingo twice as well as followed their instructions to contact Blackberry and I have received no help with this issue. I paid the full $18 for the software on the Storm and now I have the Tour and want to use Vlingo Plus. Please help me anyway you can and it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks