Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I need Ability to Accept/Reject Meeting Request on 8830 Handheld

At one point I was able to accept and reject meeting requests on my 8830 handheld. Now the only option is to reply to the metting request When I look at the meeting request on the handheld it says recieved meeting request using desktop. How do I change this back to handheld? I have looked in every menu I can and don't see a way to change it.

Thanks for your help!

Gary....

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I need Ability to Accept/Reject Meeting Request on 8830 Handheld

Are you a BES user?
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor

If BES is Blackberry Enterprise Server the answer is yes. Sorry, not real up on the Blackberry yet.

Thanks for your help!

Gary....

Super Contributor

Do you know if you sync through the desktop manager or if you sync wirelessly? I have 2 different routes we can go with this. Just let me know and I will reply right back with a solution.
~Tami~
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor

I use Desktop Mannager for the sync. I can accept the meeting in my lotus notes and when I do the sync it does put it in my calendar on the BB. At one point I was able to accept the invite on my BB and it would add it to my calendar.

Also I would like to do it wirelessly if possible.

Thanks!

gary....

Super Contributor

Go into your desktop manager (with your BB plugged in). Go to the synchronize icon > click on the configuration tab > click on configure sync > you should have address book, calendar, memopad and tasks all checked > uncheck everything besides the calendar > if the calendar has blackberry wireless sync next to it, change it to Lotus notes > click ok and go back to the synchronize tab > hit synchronize now. If it was set to Lotus notes already, that's you problem. Make sure it is set to blackberry wireless sync. Make sure that after you sync the calendar over separately, you go back and put a checkmark next to everything else (and change the calendar back to blackberry wireless synch if necessary). Do one more sync.

If any of this doesn't make sense, please let me know. I normally do this type of stuff over the phone and it's a little hard to do through here!!!

~Tami~
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor

I did what you suggested. The only thing is I don't have a wireless icon to choose from on the config. menu.
Super Contributor

That's interesting. Do you have a BES admin or someone who handles the server at your company?
~Tami~
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor

Tamrock,

I am having this same issue and I would like to know your other resolution if the users are Synching wirelessly.

Thx

New Contributor

I was able to fix this issue wirelessly by first guiding the user through wiping his device.  Next, on th BES server I edied the user's account and made sure that during the activation phase his contacts, memos and tasks would NOT sync.  I reset the user's activation password, guided him through activating his device and verified he did not get any errors while activating.  When he didn't, I went back into his account, edited his account properties again and turned on synching for contacts, tasks and memos.  user was able to accept and reject meetings.