Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: jl

I need help quickly

I need help to my new blsckberry curve 9320 it's been two weeks but still I even don't know how to active my email account, can you help me?
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: I need help quickly

Hello johnlor96

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

What happen when you go Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account > Are you not getting Email Setup Option there. Do you have BlackBerry Data Plan also known as BIS on your account.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I don't  know the BIS you're talking about. i'm a filipino

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello

BIS= Blackberry Internet Service. You need to purchase this to enable unlimited internet surfing on the phone, have your emails sent to you and the use of BBM (blackberry messenger). BBM allows to send text messages to other blackberry users, as much as you like.

To purchase this you need to speak to your network provider. Once you have purchased BIS data plan, then follow the post by Prince to setup your email.

Thanks.
New Contributor

Thank you! So you mean that I can't activate my email account free? I need to use money first?
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

johnlor96 wrote :

Thank you! So you mean that I can't activate my email account free? I need to use money first?

Hello johnlor96

To to enjoy BlackBerry push email services and also application like BBM,Facebook for BlackBerry,Twitter etc we need BlackBerry Data Plan and yes its not free and its differ from Carrier to Carrier so you have to contact your Carrier to know further or to activate BIS on your Account.

Prince