Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: sasktel
Accepted Solution

I need help transferring data from a Blackberry Bold 9870 to a Blackberry Curve 9300

Hi, I have been using a Bold 9870 for some months now. I have been backing up my device on my computer periodically. Unfortunately it was exposed to water on the weekend and is unresponsive. I have transferred my acct (through Sasktel) to my son's Blackberry curve that he no longer uses. (I am trying to dry out my bold in a bag of rice and I'm hoping it will work again in a few days??!!).

My question is does anyone know how I can get all of my information from the bold backups (contacts, emails, texts, bbm's) and get them transferred over to the curve I am currently using. I am feeling quite lost without it!!!!!

Thank you for your time.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: I need help transferring data from a Blackberry Bold 9870 to a Blackberry Curve 9300

[ Edited ]

Hi  shelran,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

It's very sad to hear about your soaked BB device. I hope it works again!!

Check the below article to know how to restore device data  -

• KB03953  How to back up and restore data to a new BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB13428  Transfer backup files from one BlackBerry smartphone to another using the backup and restore tool
  • KB10339  How to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: sasktel

Re: I need help transferring data from a Blackberry Bold 9870 to a Blackberry Curve 9300

WOW....you are brilliant!!! LOL  It worked. Thanks alot for your help.