Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
jux
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: at&t

I need help with bb id

Hi I just started using a blackbberry that was being used in another country by my friend I can't download cos of this and I can't ask for a password reset cos I don't hve access to her email address and I have lost contact with her please how do I change the bb I'd ? Or how do I bypass it? Thanks
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I need help with bb id

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, you need to treat this as a sell/buy transaction, and conduct what is in here:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully, she already did the carrier-level and or BES-level seller activities...for if not, then you may actually not be able to fully utilize this BB. If, for instance, there is a BIS account on some other carrier for this BB, then your carrier won't be able to create a BIS account just for your use...and typically that other carrier won't accept a request to release the BB from their system from other than the account holder according to their records (and that would not be you).

But, give it a try, conducting just the "buyer" steps...maybe you will be lucky.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................