Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I need help!! :-(

Calendar and Game Alerts!

I didn't used to have any problem with this but in the past month, I'm not sure what has changed but in my alert drop down thing I have birthday reminders, it doesn't do anything but it just annoys me and I wondered if there is anything I can do to get rid of them, I've tried to delete them, but when I delete one, another comes up! It took me ages trying to delete just one so I was annoyed that it didn't t solve the problem! Anyone got any ideas??

Also my sister had sent me invites to a game, but cos she sent me a few in a row, when I accepted one the rest are still on my screen as a symbol on the drop down alert menu, its so annoying I have no idea how to get rid of that either!!!

Any help would be very grateful!!!

Thanks, Clare x

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I need help!! :-(

Hi, Clare.

I believe the calendar reminders are tied in with your facebook contacts.  I've noticed I'm getting birthday reminders for people whose birthdays I wasn't even aware of.  In order to get rid of them, I think you'd have to unassociate your facebook friends with your BlackBerry.

To do that, open your facebook app and press the menu button, which is the BB button to the left of the trackpad.  Uncheck the boxes under Connect Your Facebook Account With.

That should stop the notifications.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.