Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Smartone-vodafone

I need the old Blackberry Desktop software 6.1 for PC Urgently!!!!

I upgraded to the 7.0 software as prompted by the auto-upgrade setting. But it did not work for me! It was stuck at the last step forever. I did it over again 3 times, and it did not work. I restart the computer, recovered my system to a few days ago. And my 6.1 software was still not working. It showed an error.

I went home, bring out the installation disc from my Torch package. But it was a mini-CD and point me to download the 7.0 software!  Every attempt to reinstall or repair the old 6.1 software were "Rolled back".

I have never been so ferious with Blackberry EVER!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I need the old Blackberry Desktop software 6.1 for PC Urgently!!!!

I'm having exactly the same problem.  I tried this four times and each time after trying the sync my BB, the program hangs up on "Synchronizing Blackberry Bold"  "Organizer Data - preparing sync review".  Is there possibly a fix for this?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900
My Carrier: BELL

Re. upgraded to new 7.0 software and it is hung up on last step (previewing sync)

Having same issue,

Help Blackberry, what is the fix to this sync problem?

[Upgraded to 7.0 version of Blacberry desktop.  Program goes to last step ("preparing sync preview") and is hung up].

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re. upgraded to new 7.0 software and it is hung up on last step (previewing sync)

If you need 6.1, here are some download links...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Re. upgraded to new 7.0 software and it is hung up on last step (previewing sync)

I'm not a tech guy at all.  I simply want this to work.  Can someone post a simple step-by-step process to deal with this problem.  I've read on another link endless posts about removing old registry data, removing prior versions (I look and I onoly see version 7), etc.  I allowed the automatic update to the desktop software and now it won't sync.  If I remove the new version 7, should I try to reinstall a prior version from the link above?  If so, which one?  I have a BB9700.

Thanks

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Richmondmac wrote:

If I remove the new version 7, should I try to reinstall a prior version from the link above?  If so, which one?  I have a BB9700.

From your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, remove your current BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Reboot your PC (Start > Turn off , etc)

Upon startup, download this file:  610_b034_multilanguage

Install that file by double-clicking on it and following the prompts.

Now, try your normal sync. You MAY need to setup your Desktop Software SYNC parameters to Outlook again as before.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks - I'll try it a bit later and report back

New Contributor

Thanks.  I've done this and seem to be back in business.  I'll skip the update to the new software in future until the bugs are worked out.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Smartone-vodafone

After I tried to install Desktop 7, I tried to recover to a previous date. And now, I cannot uninstall my previous desktop 6. The uninstallation keep rolling back, A file seems to be missing. If I tried to reinstall a 6.1 Desktop, the installation process cannot be completed with this error: Error 1316. A network error occurred while attemp to read from the file c:\windows\Installer\Blackberry Desktop Software.msi.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I had the same problem after doing a Win XP SP3 System Restore to a checkpoint before the V7 installation.

I did the following:

1. download the BB Desktop 6.1 package but *do not* install it
  2. from Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, do a *Repair* of BB Desktop 6.1
  3. if the repair installer says it cannot find the CAB file, note the location where it is looking and extract to this location the relevant CAB file from the 6.1 package downloaded in step 1.
  4. the repair should now complete OK
  5. now *uninstall* BB Desktop 6.1 -- should uninstall OK because of the repair
  6. install the package from step 1

This got me back up and running with 6.1.0.36 (bundle 38), which is what I was after.

Hope this helps.