Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9530 Verizon
Accepted Solution

I purchased Quicklaunch via App World. The version I hav...

I purchased Quicklaunch via App World. The version I have is 2.04. My World shows ver 2.12 to reinstall. When I reinstall it, it reinstalls a very old version, v1.4. Nikkisoft (the app developer)said to have you fix my App World account, assuming that's the problem. Please let me know. Thanks.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I purchased Quicklaunch via App World. The version I hav...

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection.

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

This thread ended up here b/c I asked my question thru the same link you provided. The response I received was that it would be posted to this forum. Same problem today. Thx.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Nope...sorry, it does not. Within the form, there is a pull-down selection...use exactly what I described above (not AppWorld General, for instance) and your query will go into the internal-RIM queue.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

It was under the general category.

I have a 8-digit PIN that it doesn't accept in the form. "Please provide a valid Blackberry Smartphone PIN".

It's the same PIN I have under the battery and under Options -> Status

This format 3###F###

Any idea why it won't accept the form?

Hall of Famer III

Yup...another known issue...

The first thing we need to fix is the Bad PIN reply from the RIM support site. However, that fix cannot be posted publicly. Please see your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with the information that you need.

Cheers!

Contributor

PIN now works on the form and I have sent it with the proper info.

Thanks.

Contributor

Not sure if anything happened behind the scenes, but with the new App World released today, and 2 battery pulls later, it properly upgraded to 2.12 instead of downgrading to 1.4.

Thanks for the help.

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.975 on Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I purchased Quicklaunch via App World. The version I have...

Hi, I've run into an almost identical situation. I currently have v2.11 of QuickLaunch on my Tour. My understanding is v2.12.4 is available for the Tour. I've not had success updating. I purchased it through BlackBerry App World on 8/14/09. I followed your link above but also ran into the PIN issue. Would you be kind enough to help?

Thanks,

RayK

Hall of Famer III

Re: I purchased Quicklaunch via App World. The version I have...

RayK wrote:

Hi, I've run into an almost identical situation. I currently have v2.11 of QuickLaunch on my Tour. My understanding is v2.12.4 is available for the Tour. I've not had success updating. I purchased it through BlackBerry App World on 8/14/09. I followed your link above but also ran into the PIN issue. Would you be kind enough to help?

Thanks,

RayK

Certainly! See your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with instructions.

Cheers!