Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I purchased Quicklaunch via App World. The version I have...

Count me in for another Tour that's not working with the downloads. I "deleted" it from My World - meaning it's archived or listed as "Uninstalled". When I try to "Reinstall", it says "Quicklaunch is not available for download from App World.". Please let me know what I should do.
My Device: Not Specified

I am have a similar problem, I have 2.11 installed on my 9630 and when I go to upgrade to 2.12.4 in Blackberry App World it tells me that Quicklaunch is not available for download in App World.  Any ideas?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

All --

Another user reported in a different thread a solution that worked for them. It was to completely remove all traces of QL from their BB. While we are still awaiting specifics, the poster said something to the effect of not only deleting the application (Homescreen > Options > Advanvced Options > Applications > highlight QL > BBKey > Delete) but also deleting some files and/or folders on either their Device and/or Media card memory areas. After that, they were able to use the standard re-install steps for apps obtained via AppWorld and the latest version of QL installed for them.

Hope that helps...keep a watch on other threads in case the OP comes back with the specifics that were requested.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.975 on Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi, I've been waiting for a response from BlackBerry Customer Support. In the meantime I just saw this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=applications&thread.id=2869 and thought I would give it a try. Well, I logged into My World and selected QuickLaunch to delete it. To my surprise it reported the 2.12.4 upgrade was available. I downloaded it, rebooted and have confirmed that it is indeed v2.12.4. I'm pleased! :smileyhappy:

Please give this a try and see if you encounter the same thing. If so, please report back here with your results

Thanks,

Ray K.