Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: vodafone egyypt

I regret having a blackberry

since I got my first BB last January, I can't find a way to sync my outlook contact, the device manager doesn't work (any ver.) on windows 7  64Bit.

checked prerequistes, tried many versions, ...the only thing i didn't try till now is to change the BB itself to another brand.

is there any solution?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I regret having a blackberry

Welcome to the community support forums. I understand your frustration, but if you can give us detail of what you have done, what versions of the Desktop Software you have installed and what version of MS Outlook you have, we should be able to assist you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have BB Tourch 9810 , 7.1 os

my notebook is 64bit, Windows 7 64bit & office 2010.

I tried to install the desktop manager 6.1 , it starts with black screen screen and nothing more.

I tried to install the desktop manager 7, it has the same behavior.

noting that i took care of all pre-requistes.

no hope till now. specially that I report this problem in early in feb and I got ZERO replies.

New Contributor

Here is my first support request: Desktop Manager starts with white screen, goes forever 01-30-2012 07:59 PM Hi, just got a new 9810 BB, and I'm trying to install the desktop manager 6.1 on my labtop. here is the environment: Labtop running windows 7 enterprise with SP1 over 64bit processor. I tried install the desktop manager ver. 6.1, whenever finishes installation successfuly, I try to run it, I got white screen (sometimes totally transparnt so you can see the desktop through it). I searched this forum for simillar issue and followed the clean uninstall , removing the registry keys, deleting the folders as the thread exactly, then installed again with no hope. tried to get ver 5 of the desktop manager, and it dosen't exist, (used the links in many threads in the forum), thinking to rollback to my old nokia phone, this is first time I use black berry, but the experince is not pleasent.... any help????? Omneya

omneya_iskander wrote:

no hope till now. specially that I report this problem in early in feb and I got ZERO replies.

Sorry about that. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Let me suggest that you contact your Vodafone Egypt technical support and ask that your issue be ESCALATED to RIM/BlackBerry tier 2 technical support.

I read you have installed both Desktop Software versions, done a clean uninstall , etc. Perhaps the official support channel is better suited to assist you.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

omneya_iskander wrote:

since I got my first BB last January, I can't find a way to sync my outlook contact, the device manager doesn't work (any ver.) on windows 7  64Bit.

checked prerequistes, tried many versions, ...the only thing i didn't try till now is to change the BB itself to another brand.

is there any solution?

As a general rule, if you're having trouble with BB Desktop Software, completely uninstall it from your PC using the Control Panel. Restart your PC and try downloading it again.

I'm a weirdo that doesn't sync my device, so I'll leave others to assist you with that...

Good luck, Noah

Twitter: @Elite1_

elite1 wrote:
As a general rule, if you're having trouble with BB Desktop Software, completely uninstall it from your PC using the Control Panel. Restart your PC and try downloading it again.

The user has already done this, and a clean uninstall. Please post if you have helpful information.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

JSanders wrote:

elite1 wrote:

The user has already done this, and a clean uninstall. Please post if you have helpful information.

I didn't refresh the thread before posting, so I hadn't seen the OP's big post about having done this already.

Also, it's basic but still worth mentioning to restart the PC between uninstalling and re-downloading. Many people overlook this in their frustration & impatience. To me, that's what "clean uninstall" means, but it's worth clarifying just in case someone skipped this simple step.

Twitter: @Elite1_

There are specific instructions in the Knowledge Base here regarding a clean uninstall of the Desktop Software.

Article ID: KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Knowledge Base Updates