Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I shouldn't have done the update because now desktop will no longer run

I have spent the last 6 hours trying to fix this.  I ran the available update yesterday and now as soon as I plug my Bold 9900 in, I get an error message and it does not sync.  I decided to try to reinstall the 7.1 update directly from the BB website to ensure if the update was corrupt, I could try to repair it.  Instead, I get an Error 1723.  I noticed that I still had an old 5.0 version of desktop on my PC, so tried to uninstall that doing a clean uninstall and get an Error 1316 message.  When I try to follow the instructions under KB04272, again going through the Control Panel does not work as the uninstall will not work as there is obviously a file missing.  I tried renaming the installshield, I tried repairing both the old version and the 7.1 version.  I am now at the point that I have both on my PC still and I cannot uninstall or repair or install either of them! 

I would like to find a solution beside wiping my whole machine, but after this much time, I'm thinking wiping my machine or tossing the phone are pretty much where I want to go.  Can anyone suggest and alternate for me?

Thanks Smiley Sad