Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I updated my Storm to the latest software update, but lost my Web Browser altogether?

Any help? I even restored everything and backed everything up but it tells me "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device".

Any way to do this from home?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Re: I updated my Storm to the latest software update, but lost my Web Browser altogether?

Hello,

Please try the following:

1. From the home screen press Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

2. Once the Host Routing Table is open, press the menu key(2nd button in from the left on the bottom) and press "Register Now".

You should see registration message sent and will get a registration email. If your browser does not restore, please remove the battery for about 10 seconds and put it back to do a reset. If you still do not see the browser I would contact your wireless provider to have your service books pushed out.

You can also look for the Email Settings icon in the Setup folder. Click on this icon and you may find the option the send service books.

Hope this is helpful.

New Contributor

Re: I updated my Storm to the latest software update, but lost my Web Browser altogether?

Wow, you are a savior! THANK YOU!

You saved me so much trouble (and avoided a visit to my local service provider) Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

I am happy I could help. Feel free to give Kudos Smiley Happy

No luck. Will need to call provider.
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

i have followed the given instruction. I was happy to see the icon back after all the procedure. But as i tried to use it, it was gone again. What was wrong? Why that happened? Please help me out...