Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange Moldova
Accepted Solution

I've changed my e-mail password from computer, no I can not acces it from the phone

Please, can anyone help me? I've changed my e-mail password from the PC, and now I can not acces it from my BB. When I enter the "E-mail accounts" menu in the phone, I have there two categories: BIS and BES (I have a simple numer, not a business one), and I can not acces the BIS category, it's inactive. I can acces only BES, but I don't need it. Can someone help me?... Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: I've changed my e-mail password from computer, no I can not acces it from the phone

[ Edited ]

Petruccio wrote:

Please, can anyone help me? I've changed my e-mail password from the PC, and now I can not acces it from my BB. When I enter the "E-mail accounts" menu in the phone, I have there two categories: BIS and BES (I have a simple numer, not a business one), and I can not acces the BIS category, it's inactive. I can acces only BES, but I don't need it. Can someone help me?... Smiley Sad

Hello Petruccio,

Try this, go to http://mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry Browser. Now look for Communicate, then click Email.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange Moldova

Re: I've changed my e-mail password from computer, no I can not acces it from the phone

Sorry, but did you even read what I've asked? I now how to create in e-mail account, but it's another problem! I already have the solution: this is typical for the models that have te Blackberry OS 6.0 and the language is set to ROMANIAN! You must change it to english, then you'll have the possibility to create a new account, after, you may change it back to romanian. The sollution was tested personal by me. Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Please give iansantos a break here...I somehow think he does not speak ROMANIAN nor know about that little issue -- it's news to me as well...but thank you for sharing it for other volunteers and participants in this community to find.

Rather, what he interpreted (and, indeed I concur) from your original post was that you needed to alter your stored, inside of BIS, existing email credentials (after you changed them at your email server). And, there are many ways to do that, with the method you listed as being only one of them...so, he interpreted your primary goal as being to get BIS re-configured with your new email credentials, and provided to you an alternate method to do so.

Now that, with your 2nd post, we can understand better what your original desire was, we now can know that our interpretation of your original goal was mistaken. But, again, give iansantos a break...like you, he is only human.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................