Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: orange

I want to connect my blackberry bold with PC

I want to connect my blackberry bold 9700 with my laptop with a USB port, I do not have the CD that comes in box to be installed in PC I also downloaded the device manager. When I plug in the USB port it just charges the blackberry and nothing else happens but I want to transfer some music from my laptop.

Anyone help me pleaseeeee!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I want to connect my blackberry bold with PC

I have a brand new Bold 9900 and also have this problem. On my Bold 9000, the moment I plugged it into a USB port, I got the choice of using it in Mass Storage Mode. But with this new phone I don't get that dialogue box pop-up, the phone does not appear as a new external drive, and I cannot synch using BlackBerry Desktop. The OS also does not have the Memory item in Options that older phones had, so I don't have the drop-down for Mass Storage Mode Support that older models did. So how do I turn this feature on?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

So I figured this one out. Seems the cable I was using was for charging only. I bought an extra charger from AT&T a while back, and it came with what I thought was a regular USB Micro cable. Turns out that it does not carry data - it just charges. I have no idea how much AT&T saved by getting cables that do not have all the wires inside - probably a few cents a piece - and they sell this stuff for over $20. In any case, I connected the phone at work with a different cable and the data transfer worked like a charm. So if you're having trouble synching your phone, try a different cable - preferably the one that came with the phone.

My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: vodafone

how to connect blackberry topc

My Device: Bold 4
My Carrier: BlackBerry

(y)