Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ID Login to App World - Authenticating in continuous loop

Any update on this?  It's sickening that RIM would allow this to continue so long ... :-(

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: civil servant

When entering bb app world I were ask install I'd when it reach 100 percent it will stand like that
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Calvin

Hey everybody

Why doesn't my blackberry curve 8520 not contacting with the blackberry identification server because I can't access blackberry app world?
New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

When I go to Appworld it tells me that an Identity update is required. But when I select update it tells me there was a technical error. Please try again later. Over and over again
New Contributor

When I go to Appworld it tells me that an Identity update is required. But when I select update it tells me there was a technical error. Please try again later. Over and over again. What can I do
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bonkosi wrote:
When I go to Appworld it tells me that an Identity update is required. But when I select update it tells me there was a technical error. Please try again later. Over and over again. What can I do

Hello,

Lacking the full and complete error message, we must guess...so here's one:

• KB29501 "Error installing BlackBerry Identity, please try again later" when trying to install an update for BlackBerry Identity in BlackBerry App World.

If that doesn't match, please provide the full and complete error message. Better still, you can search those public KB's for yourself:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 3900
My Carrier: vodacom

Yeah I don't know why nobody can give us any conclusive advice as to why the new App World will not work. Would it not be possible to remove the I'd thing. I mean, who, without a bb would go onto App World and download it. But then replying to all these entries on the subject seem to be in vain. As I've said I've sent numerous emails to bb asking for assistance without any replies what so ever. So I ask why have app world in the first place if it won't work ????????
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Hello,

davidbest wrote:
Yeah I don't know why nobody can give us any conclusive advice as to why the new App World will not work.

Because no one who works for RIM participates formally in these forums. These forums are a user-to-user community of volunteers, not a formal support channel from RIM. If anyone happens to know the answer, they provide it on a voluntary basis. But, if the answer involves any "insider" information, then it can't be revealed here, even if the person might just happen to know.

In short, the new AppWorld does work. Not 100%. Not for your specific situation. But, as an overarching statement, it does indeed work. This thread is all about trying (with the best abilities of those who volunteer) to help out that small percentage of folks for whom it does not work.

davidbest wrote:
Would it not be possible to remove the I'd thing.

Nope. RIM has implemented BB ID as a universal user identification and authentication system. It's been implemented across multiple systems and services provided by them. To remove it would, I think, be pretty major surgery.

davidbest wrote:
I mean, who, without a bb would go onto App World and download it.

Ummm...download a BB ID? I'm not sure I understood what you meant by that. But, regardless, BB ID is used for multiple things, not just AppWorld.

davidbest wrote:
But then replying to all these entries on the subject seem to be in vain.

In vain for you, hopefully useful to others. It's pretty much impossible to know for sure...after all, someone could just read this thread, never post, but actually find an answer that works for their particular situation. There's no way to have metrics on such results.

davidbest wrote:
As I've said I've sent numerous emails to bb asking for assistance without any replies what so ever.

Oh...well...that might explain a little bit. To my understanding, RIM provides zero direct-to-user support. None. All formal support from RIM, even for AppWorld, must be as escalated from the carriers. That's how the support model works. Some may wish it to work otherwise, but that's a totally different discussion. So, unless you've escalated your case via your carrier, you've not yet gotten any attention from anyone in the formal support channels.

davidbest wrote:
So I ask why have app world in the first place if it won't work ????????

Well, I don't disagree...if such a blanket statement were accurate. But, as we know, it's not accurate as a blanket statement. As a unique statement to your specific situation, it certainly is accurate...just not as a blanket statement.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I hear your Views but it doesn't help having a BB that only dose half of what it should do I'd rather use a different phone that will offer everything that it is supposed to do.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Bonkosi wrote:
I hear your Views but it doesn't help having a BB that only dose half of what it should do I'd rather use a different phone that will offer everything that it is supposed to do.

Well, in my last reply to you (which, btw, is not my prior post in this thread...there are multiple participants), I left you with some suggestions and, if my suggestions were not useful, some questions that you need to fill in the blanks so that perhaps we can help you better. I agree that it should work...but, it doesn't. Wishing it will work does nothing. Providing information might perhaps help us to help you get it to work.

Then again, if you really would rather use a different device, then by all means go that route. There is no single device that is perfect for everyone. Each person has their own set of needs, desires, and requirements...the plethora of choices in our free market help the educated consumer come as close as they can to what it is that they want. If BB's are not for you, then they are not for you. Makes no difference to me one way or the other.

Good luck!