Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

IE Bookmarks?

Forgive me if I sound dumb here (I just came from using an iPhone) but is there any way these BlackBerry's can import bookmarks from our pc's?  I can't seem to figure out it and I find it very odd if it's not something we can do.  I have hundreds of bookmarks on my pc (with IE, FF, etc) and I'm certainly not going to manually type them all into the phone.

Any knowledge of this?

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: IE Bookmarks?

I'm sorry to say bookmark sync is not currentely possible eith blackberry devices. Probably you're not going to use all the bookmarks from your device and you have to type them in. Smiley Sad

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: IE Bookmarks?

I have two answers :

first one : be real. the bookmarks just can't be the same. For the sole reason that there is a mobile version of the website. m.facebook.com is not the same as www.facebook.com (at all).

second answer :

it's sooo easy. Just export al your bookmarks to a HTML file, and publish the file on your website.
then use that website as homepage for your Blackberry browser.

but you have so many ? it's not a problem. Remember you can search within any webpage by hitting the F key.

Depending on your browser, it may or may not be easy. One click on Firefox, not doable with Internet Explorer 6.

there is another way, it's to use a program that will export your bookmarks on their webpage. For example netvibes.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: