Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

IF YOUR BBM VERSION 7 WON'T WORK

Hi. So, after I fixed my BB Appworld, I started to update all my applications (it's all out of date). Then I upgraded my BBM 6.2.0.44 to version 7. It tried to connect to my BB ID. It took me overnight to do so. Then it asked for the certificate thing. Then I pressed the continue button. It even asked for a key store password. Anyone had the same scenario?

Now, it said that I'm not connected to the internet (when I really am). I was annoyed with it already and even considered a security wipe.

For those who have encountered this problem. The solution is to downgrade it again to your old version. My version is 6.2.0.44. BBM 7 has voice call but it requires wifi connection so it's pointless, well for me it is. Smiley Happy

So if anyone wants to bring back the old version here's the link

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6

this is the version 6.2.0.44

Hope it helps. Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Bold - 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Re: IF YOUR BBM VERSION 7 WON'T WORK

I will also go back, but if its going to wipe my bbm contacts ? When I did the updrade it didn't hav the country link for south africa and now I can't make any calls it dails on a other international calls !!

Please help someone
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300/6.0.0.570
My Carrier: Emma Gent

Re: IF YOUR BBM VERSION 7 WON'T WORK

*take out the battery
*leave it for a few seconds
*put it back in
*MADE MY BBM 7 VOICE WORK PERFECTLY