Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

IM TRYING TO LOAD MY USER CD TOOLS

I can't seem to get the blackberry user tools CD that came with the pH on to my computer I have windows xp do I have to have vista or HP? Can anyone help?,this is were I got in the setup. The cd loads and I click on the blackberry desktop software then it goes to the next screen which it tell you to install blackberry desktop SOFTWARE I click that and then the cd start to download the file then stop in the middle of the download then it pops up with this error system cannot Read from specified device Y THANK FOR THE HELP

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: IM TRYING TO LOAD MY USER CD TOOLS

Hi and Welcome!

Your issue is with the Desktop Software, right? Not quite a problem with the Storm itself? As such, you might find better and quicker assistance over in the Desktop Softwar forum (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware ); this forum is intended for Storm-specific issues.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Try downloading the software directly from the website

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thanks for the help but I don't seem to see the download for the storm on the software download page there a lot off options can you tell me which one is it?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are not downloading for the Storm. You need to download the latest version of Desktop Manager (4.7 I think). That should be the latest version of what came on your CD's with your Storm.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

ITS A LOT OFF DOWNLOADS TO THAT SOFTWARE I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO USE ? DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 Multilanguage - Without Media Manager
Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 English - Without Media Manager

Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers ITA (DM4.7b50)

BlackBerry Device Manager ITA (DM

4.7 B50)THERE TOO MANY STUFF FOR THIS PH HELPMan Mad

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

first thing is install the USB drivers. Please follow this article :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

then, in the list you copied, take this one :
Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 English - Without Media Manager

and install it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks a lot every1for the help I got the download to work but I have another Q When I first got my pH I was told to charge it for 24hr which it did take 24hr did anyone pH took that long? And I charge my pH yesterday full green light and now its down to half bar already and I didn't call anyone just check my mail text that's about it,I don't think the battery should have went down that much

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello, can you write complete words ? I don't understand what a pH is, apart from a measure of the acidity of a matter.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

ph means phone so my cell phone