Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790

IMAP From BB IP Address Accessing Gmail Account When BB Switched Off

Hi all, New to the forum so if I over step the mark please let me know! I have a BB Bold 9790. Everynight I disable all connections (network, broadband, bluetooth, NFC) and switch my phone off. I have my phone locked too so nobody can use it without entering my password. There, a bit OTT on the security side of things, but that's me. My problem is that even though my BB is disconnected from any network, powered off etc., a BB IMAP is accessing my UK gmail email account!! I know this cos when I check the offending IP address it belongs too Blackberry eu, but not only that, it is the same IP address that my BB uses when it is genuinely in operation. I believe someone else is accessing my email account with a BB even though I keep changing my email password. When I check the email account activity of one of the other BB's in the household (which is also switched off overnight) there is NO IMAP access activity on their email account. Can someone please help me cos it's driving me mad!! Any useful and knowledgable replies most welcome! Many thanks :-)

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: IMAP From BB IP Address Accessing Gmail Account When BB Switched Off

Hi

There is no need to be mad, mail agent at backend checks/ syncs with your mailbox in every 10 to 15 mins and push mails on your BB but your BB is Off, so it can't delivered it to your handheld and deliver it once you Powered it ON.

Contributor

That's fair enough, but how come it doesn't do it on the other BB's in the household. It only happens once even though my BB is switched off all night and doesn't happen at all on the other BB email accounts in the household?

Regards,

Sully

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Mails configured on both using BIS. Right...???

Contributor

No mail only configured on my BB ........not BIS!