Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

ssz
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Orange

[IMPORTANT] Problem with Google Mail (GMail & Google Apps)

Many Google Mail users don't received mails via Blackberry Internet Service from few weeks (?).

They notice delays from few minutes to hours...

When RIM planning to fix this BIG issue? 

Fast email delivery is great advantage of Blackberries... which does NOT work at this moment.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: [IMPORTANT] Problem with Google Mail (GMail & Google Apps)

Less than 15 minutes is among the BIS tolerance.

which carriers are they using?

have they tried removing the email address then readding it?

Are they using POP3 or IMAP ?

Are they regular GMail users or GoogleApps Mail ?

How fast is the email sending ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
ssz
New Contributor

Re-sending service books does not help.

Problem is reporting by regular GMail users and GoogleApps Mail users.

Sending email is OK, Receiving: NOT (delays, looses).

Xandrex wrote:

Maybe that`s tolerance but for example @outlook.com and @*.blackberry.com works perfect without any delays.

Few days ago @gmail.com work that way too... but stopped ;(

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

ssz wrote:

Re-sending service books does not help.

Problem is reporting by regular GMail users and GoogleApps Mail users.

Sending email is OK, Receiving: NOT (delays, looses).

Xandrex wrote:

Maybe that`s tolerance but for example @outlook.com and @*.blackberry.com works perfect without any delays.

Few days ago @gmail.com work that way too... but stopped ;(

Google have ended support for their standalone google sync app. But the calender and contact sync can still be enabled via BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). To know more on the issue head to this link: Google Sync for BlackBerry End of Life.

What Xandrex said is true. Gmail and some other email services provides near real time delivery of email but the max. required time is 15mis.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

ssz
New Contributor

tanzim wrote:
Gmail and some other email services provides near real time delivery of email but the max. required time is 15mis.

but problem is that this "max. required time" at this time is exceeded for many users - up to 2-3 hours...

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: giffgaff

ssz is right, both myself and my partner have lost reliable push email from gmail accounts as of yesterday, on two separate phones, on two separate networks. Non gmail accounts (e.g. iCloud) unaffected. Outgoing email is fine. Incoming email is delayed by hours and arrives in blocks, as if some failsafe polling has kicked in.

It looks very much like a problem between the Google and RIM servers, almost certainly related to the changes Google made as part of dropping ActiveSync for free gmail account holders (although that change was not supposed to break anything for BB users)

BTW the 15 minute time mentioned is the lowest common denominator used when the email account is POP or IMAP that doesn't support IDLE, IIRC. In other words, even if all fancy features have gone, email should arrive within 15 minutes as the RIM servers simply check the email inbox exactly like any other standard email client. But this isn't happening.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem. My 9900 started receiving gmail emails two or three hours late starting on Sunday (Jan 6). Interestingly, my Playbook gets the email instantaneously.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: giffgaff

I bet that's because the playbook is just talking direct to the Google servers (as an iPad etc would) over Wifi/3G, right?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

FWIW, it seems that some users have succeeded in getting a short delay by deleting the GMail BIS account, then readding without using the advanced settings (probably using POP3 instead of IMAP4?).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

Funnily enough, two minutes after I posted I began getting gmail faster. The delays have been below 15 minutes at around 10 minutes or so.

I have too much work at present to do any rejigging of the accounts but will see later....