02-25-2014 03:54 PM
I need to change the input langage of my bb from english to French.
I did find where to do it, in options ...
The problem is that when I arrive on the screen with default input language indicated english / GB), when I click on it, there is only English (US) available. No other one proposed.
This bb was offered to me by my former employer, maybe this can help you understand the origin of the issue.
I lloked on bb site to find some answers, but without success sofar.
Could you please help me find how to add French into the other available anguages ??
Many thanks in advance !! :-)
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-25-2014 04:00 PM
You would need install an OS from a carrier that would normally include French or European languages. Here are some instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use. I would use check the European carriers (any carrier will work as long as the OS is for your device type.) It is easiest if you install the exact same version number you already have, then you will be able to just install the languages and not the rest of the OS but if you update to a newer version that's OK to...just takes a few extra minutes. Make sure the OS you download shows as "multilanguage."
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
Pay attention to the languages that are being installed and make sure you inlcude what you want.