Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] Service Book missing

For some reason a number of our BlackBerry users in Pakistan do NOT have the IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] service book on their Bolds (9000's and 9700's).

There is no BES involved here, it's pure BIS.

Strangely enough they cannot browse the Internet via the BB Browser.

It's always been my understanding the this service book must be on the device if you want to use the Internet Browser on the device. It contains all the gateway/routing information it needs to reach the BIS right?

I've tried re-sending the service book from the carriers BIS portal and via Options>Adv. Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now but it never gets down to the device no matter how many times I try.

When they try to go to a website using the Internet browser it does a lot of requesting and eventually times out with a communications error.

Can someone confirm (and stop me doubting what I thought I knew) that you definately, 100% need this IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] service book to stand any chance of getting to the Internet on a BB?

My Device: torch
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] Service Book missing

Yes you do need that ippp for bibs [ippp] service book, and u r right u definately need it for ur browser and other applications that solely rely on BIS to work properly. I am also missing that service book as well as bbfs2[bbim] and in a previous post by someone he said that he had to speak to a blackberry tech support member to send a service book pack containing ippp for bibs