Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

IT'S ALIVE!!

Well, it took 48 hours and lots of fiddling but I just successfully performed a calendar and contacts sync on my Mac.  Perhaps this digest of what I did will help someone, although it's certainly a lot to go through for us Mac folk who are used to things just, well, working out of the box.

On my BB Pearl Flip, I went into settings/options (the wrench icon)/memory and set Mass Storage Mode to "on".  I don't have a setting for Media Transfer Protocol, but if I had I'd have turned it to "off".

On the Mac, I uninstalled PocketMac and, following hints in several threads, deleted log files and other shreds of the program from the computer's libraries.  I also installed all pending OSX system updates just in case that might generate some good karma.

I then did the following:

1. Rebooted the Mac.

2. Downloaded and installed PocketMac.

3. Rebooted the Mac.

4. Downloaded and installed the driver updates.

5. Rebooted the Mac.

At this point PocketMac ran but gave me a 'skipping error' message.  I then ran across a note that someone found that switching USB ports helped him.  I tried that, just swapping USB's with what I had in the neighboring port.  I tried it again--and it synced, perfectly.

Now that I think of it, why does the Mac save all kinds of logs and file bits in half a dozen places on the hard drive?  Perhaps our Macnirvana isn't as perfect as we think it is.  Wouldn't trade it for the world, though.