Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ITS THE NETWORK (TIP TIP TIP TIP TIP TIP)

Hi, I am new to BB with my storm for a month now and these forums have helped me get things running very well. I had a similar problem with losing connectivity and not receiving new e-mails. I noticed an additional error message at the top of the screen that said "SIM card rejected". From another posting, I learned that rather removing the battery and waiting for the lengthy reboot process, you just need to power Down the phone with the red power/end call button. As soon as the phone is off, you can immediately power up again which appears To reinitialize the SIM card and within 30 seconds I start receiving the missing e-mails. I have poor cell reception where I live. This problem seems to occur when the signal drops to the lowest levels. This 10 second procedure has corrected the issue every time and this issue is now just a minor annoyance. Now if I could get Verizon to build a tower closer to my Home, maybe you could "hear me know". I hope this helps you
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

This also happended to me yesterday.  I did several battery pulls and still no internet or im's.  I also dialed the *228 to update my coverage and still had the lower case 1xev.  I attempted to call tech support last night about 12:30am and realized that they were closed.  I woke up this morning and it was working and my home screen had all my im's that were sent from yesterday my facebook notifications and myspace notifications.  Im not sure what happened but Im glad to know that I was not the only one that this has happened to.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm

There's another code I've seen that's supposed to be a one-step update/restore

It's *228xy, but I don't remember what the xy is.  The VZW tech I talked with the other day didn't know about it, or claimed not to. 

The *228  [then options] does work well, and a couple of times when my Storm has not been working as well as I thought it should I just did it for "grins" and BOOM, instant rejuvenation of phone performance.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

My phone is stuck in 1x and won't leave that.

I can still make calls and all, but can't get online with browser, YIM/AIM or send/receive emails/SMS Messages.

It worked for a good part of the night at work the randomly stopped while at work and still has not changed back to 1xev.