Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Icon descritions

Does anyone know of a document that shows the icons that are on the BlacbBerry and what they do?  All material seems to be text only and icons do not seem to be a covered topic.

David

Regular Contributor

Re: Icon descritions

You and me both bud.  I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list for the life of me.
Contributor

Re: Icon descritions

may not be a list of icons and features but all you have to do is play with the apps and learn them or call your carrier support
New Contributor

Re: Icon descriptions

It isn't an application icon - it is a non-clickable icon as phone calls are made on the top right.  It is a black square with blue bars that increase in size.  Similar to a signal strength meter, but that is on the bottom on this model.

I have already tried talking to my carrier and none of the Technical Support in the call center or at a store has ever seen this.  The carrier's version of this phone manual only has the most common icons.

David

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

I dont have that on mine, might be a carrier thing. But you can always hide it if you dont use it. Click menu, then Hide.
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

As mentioned before, it is NOT an application icon that you can hide.  I didn't have it at first, now I do.  May have hit a key combination that activated this.  Doesn't effect call quality - mostly curious.  Not willing at this point to call Canada for a fee-based tech support call!

David

Message Edited by DavidF on 04-05-2008 09:37 PM
New Contributor

What would be helpful is if BlackBerry support engineers/designers read this forums to help those whose questions can't be answered by the masses!

My 3 cents

David 

Retired

DavidF wrote:

What would be helpful is if BlackBerry support engineers/designers read this forums to help those whose questions can't be answered by the masses!

My 3 cents

David 

Hi DavidF,

Which carrier did you purchase your BlackBerry from? Which version of the BlackBerry software are you running?

New Contributor

Verizon Wireless and I just updated to v4.3.0.97 (platform 3.1.0.51) that was posted on Verizon Wireless' site on 2/28.

David

Highlighted
New Contributor

I found the answer thanks to thorough techs at RIM.  They sent me a screen capture tool and then researched it.  It is the Enhance Call Audio found in the menu once a call is initiated.  You can boost the bass or boost the treble.

David