Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Icons and what do they mean?

Hello All!

I have know idea what this icon means on my blackberry storm 9530. I know this isn't the scale so keep the laughter to a minimum.lol . The symbol or icon looks like this sorta" o_o" . but the underscore is connected to both of the o's. it sits in the middle of the screen at the top. any help would be appreciated. i also have a other issue...... my ringer for my phone sometimes doesn't work...its set to "loud". but when i receive calls and texts it only vibrates....so annoying having to check your phone every five minutes just to see if you missed anything.

Any feedback would be awesome!

cheers

Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Re: Icons and what do they mean?

The icon you are seeing is for checking your voice mail's.   And if you hit the sound button scroll down to set ring tones/alerts.  make sure you have picked a ring tone you want   hit try button,  If ya like it hit BB button and save it.. You can also customize your own ring tone/alert profiles that would best fit your needs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

The icon you're talking about denote that you've a voice mail waiting for you. Just dial in with your carrier provided voice mail number and the icon will go away.

Follow the steps for changing SMS tone -

1. Profiles
  2. Advanced
  3. highlight Active profile
  4. click Menu and select Edit
  5. SMS Text
  6. Our of Hoster: Tone, Ring Tone: Change as desired, Volume: High/Medium/Low

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Everyone is correct in that it's an indicator to let you know that you have a voice message.  To retreive it, all you have to do is click the green phone button and hold the #1 down for about 3 seconds and it will ask for your password and then you can see who left you the vm.

Here is a tip/trick: Call your voicemail without having to enter password each time...

1. Click on CALL button (green button)
2. Press BB button (Blackberry button)
3. Scroll and click on OPTIONS
4. Click on VOICE MAIL
5. Under "Password", enter two pauses by pressing BB button twice
6. Now type in your 4 digit password after the pauses.
7. It should look like PP1234 under "Password"

So now, when you press and hold down 1, it will call your voicemail and will pause automatically and enters your password for you.

If this info helped, please click on my Kudos. Thanks.