Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Icons on Home Screen (Desk Top)

I've read a few threads on changing the Icons on the start-up screen, by altering the order that the application appear, and moving them so they are the first appliactions to on the applications screen.

But I have Icons that are present on Home screen (desktop)  that don't appear as an application on the application screen?!?

Here is my delema: My current theme (VODAFONE WHITE) has the front page menu order of:

Voice Mail

Call Log

Email

Text/Media Messages

Calander

But I want to change the theme... except "Voice Mail" isn't an application and therefore its not a movable application to make it appear on the front screen.

I would dearly love a new theme (vodafone white is lame!) but it offers exactly the menu I want..

How do I create "Voice Mail" to be an application so that I can move it to one of the first 5 positions and make it appear on the home screen???????

Any help would be appreciated

(PS. I am aware that I could program the voice mail number into a speed dial key.... and thats what I'll do if there is no solution to the above)

New Contributor
My Device: 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Icons on Home Screen (Desk Top)

Forgot to add: its a 8100 pearl.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Icons on Home Screen (Desk Top)

Splendid. I'm a new user that can't help you.

I'm looquing for help to change posItion of icons on the main screen.

Pls. can you help me?

Thank you in advice.