Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Idea

Hey People

My 9300 is giving me the same problem - reducing the browsing & downloading speed to a futile 3kb/s - but what I realised is that the problem does not originate from BlackBerry; but rather our service providers. I literally just read an article about vodacom threatening to convert 3G network level to 2G. I understand why they would do that because apparently there are users who actually exceed 300GB per month whereas they are allowed only 100GB (correct me if I'm wrong). But what I fail to comprehend is why punish us all for the deeds of less than 5% of all the Blackberry Vodacom users!? So I'd suggest - if we want our browsing & downloading speed to stay constantly at 120kb/s - that we set forth our complains to our service providers; considering that we, the customers, do, however, take our fair share of responsibility to not abuse and exceed the carriers' provision of access to the internet.

Kind regards
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Idea

Good...

Thank very much information

Donny_TheKing

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"