Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Pannon GSM

Im a new BB user, and i have a problem.

Hello,

I both a new BB9900, and i wanted to download the desktop software to my Mac from official website. The downloading is ok, but Unfortunately i can't running that at all. Always came up, the terminal window, and dosnt work.

The system requirement is ok, but i don't know what the problem, or what i do wrong.
Mac OS X  10.7.3   2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7

pls help me solving that.

THX

Laszlo 

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Im a new BB user, and i have a problem.

I have the same problem.  It seems that the new DM for Mac doesn't seem to play well wth Mountain Lion.  Or vice versa.

BJX
New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Because Lion is **bleep** and Snow Lepoard is better.  Lion is sooooo **bleep** they are coming out already with Mountain Lion go figure.  Apple is acting like Microsoft as far as OS goes.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: dont work

I need help plz,every time I want to download a file my bb says Directory full and I got a 2GB sd card in that only got 5 songs on it
BJX
New Contributor

Re: Im a new BB user, and i have a problem. > Fix you sync problem first

I just went through this kind of problem recently as well.  It actually sounds like a sync problem and not a memory problem.  I am using a 4GB mirco SD for now and will going up to 64GB soon.

Make sure you have the lastest updates on your BB and you have the latest desktop software.  This is the key to successful syncing.  If you have old BB software and new desktop software this too will cause your BB not to sync.   After you add updated software to your BB you must restart your BB.  If you really want to ensure you installed the lastest BB software update the BB then turn it off, take out the battery then put it back in restart the BB and then go to options to see if the new BB software got updated.

or it could be a bad SD card.  Get the card reader put the mirco sd in and put it into a normal camera or laptop and try and save some songs to this way.  To see if the memory will save data.

Hope this helps.  I had to figure this out on my own since no support articles on this.

New Contributor

Thanx friend for your time but only this one last thing where do I update my software on my bb
BJX
New Contributor

Q.  What kind of BB do you have?

A.  That's an excellent question and not an obvious answer.  Using your desktop you have to click this link (you will have to have your BB pluged in first) Get BB apps: http://ca.blackberry.com/apps/app-world/download.html  if you have it already don't worry about it.  But keep in mind there was a BB apps update recently for me I found out.

VERY IMPORTANT ON THE WEBSITE ABOVE READ THE SYSTEM REQUIRMENTS FIRST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FIRST!!!!!!  YOU HAVE TO HAVE BB APPS SOFTWARE 2.1 TO GET OS 7.1!!!!!

Then update your to BB OS 7.1  

1.  BB Apps on you BB - once you have BB Apps 2.1 search for the OS 7.1 update

2.  Or on your desktop browser: BB Apps at: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/?

2.1 Plug in you BB

2.2 Go to the URL http://ca.blackberry.com/apps/app-world/download.html

2.3 click the sync button

2.4 wait then follow the prompts.

3. Sync you BB with your desktop (make sure you have the latest software)

4. Check you music folder.

Hope this helps.   

New Contributor

I use a bb curve 8520
Highlighted
BJX
New Contributor

I think you are going to have to check which OS you will need based on that model and which desktop software you will need as well in this case.