Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm on Telus

Re: Image Errors using the internet browser

Actualy, correction on my end.  Krypto, my current version is 4.7.0.76

I tried the updating of my roaming list.  Also, that is not the answer to this mystery...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ahhh... .76 is not the current version for Telus. Therefore, the first step is therefor to update to the current version (.122).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Which would bring us to the next point, is there any way to force that download or manually do it from a location? Regardless of whether I check it with the wireless upgrade or the desktop manager application, I am told that there are no current upgrades available...
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Ahhh, there's actually two potential reasons for the problems.  One is that you're using the Telus WAP browser (do you have BlackBerry data service?  If so, you should actually be using the BlackBerry Internet Brower).  The other (while not a real issue), is that you're still on the production OS.  You can download the Telus upgrade here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0

You can then install the OS on your computer and after restarting your computer, you can use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to upgrade.

Alternatively, you can go to this website and do the upgrade online: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/update/.

Note that you'll want to ensure your messages are backed up before doing this.

Now then, if, after you upgrade, you still have issues, let us know.  I've got some ideas on what might be happening, but we'd might as well take care of the upgrade first, then deal with the rest of it after.

(By the way, I've also got a Telus Storm, which is why I now have some other ideas - thanks to everyone else's assistance, I think I've narrowed down the problem.  I'll be able to confirm after the upgrade is complete).

EDIT: LOL, looks like I answered your question as it was being posted.  Let me know if you need any additional assistance with the upgrade.

Message Edited by Krypto on 05-31-2009 12:26 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Krypto, thank you for your help.

This has resolved some of the issue, but not in its entirety.  The 'thumbs up' pic in facebook mobile is viewable again, as are the weather pictures from google's weather page (i.e. google search 'hamilton weather').

Not all 'red x's' have disappeared however.  Such as, www.900chml.com still has red-x errors, as well as the 'unhappy' face/broken picture.    Check it out for yourself, let me know if you are having the same error.

Thanks again for your help.  90% of the way there...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Good news, I've figured it out (and was able to replicate your problem, so I know exactly what the issue is).  Smiley Happy  The issue is that you're connecting via the Telus WAP browser and not the BlackBerry Internet Browser.

There are going to be two things to do here.  First, (from the homescreen) go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser.  Then set the Default browser configuration from Telus WAP Browser to Internet Browser.  Save the changes and open the Browser.  Press the BB Menu button and select Options.  Under Browser Configuration, ensure that Browser is set to Internet Browser again.  Save the settings again.

That should do it!

Now then, if this doesn't (which it might not because depending, you might not be able to find the Internet Browser option), here are a few more trouble shooting steps. 

Go to the homescreen again.  In the top right corner, does it say 1XEV or 1xev?  If it says 1xev, then you're having issues with the phone's data connection to the Telus network.  In this case, simply call up Telus and have them check the settings for your account.  I had this happen once before and they just needed to reset my connection from their end and everything was fine again.  If it says 1XEV, then there are two things to try.  First, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.  Press the BB Menu button and select Register Now.  Next, resend you're service books from Setup > Email Settings.  If you don't know your username and password, call Telus and have them resend your service books.  Finish this with a battery pull to be sure and you should be set.

Note, when you call Telus do so from a seperate phone in case they want you to try anything else, but I'm sure that's all you'll need.  And when the voice recognition system asks you what you want, just request "BlackBerry Support."  In the GTA, you can call 416-279-2532 (Hamilton is in the GTA, right?).

Anyhow, here are a few things to try, and I can 99% guarantee that one of these will work.

Keep us posted! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Krypto on 05-31-2009 04:38 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Krypto, all the internet settings were already set to that, however I went back, re-selected them, and then saved it.  I did the battery pull after saving the settings both through the main menu/options, as well as the internet explorer options.

I started 'er back up, and have had no issues with any display pictures with the exception of one (it showed up as a split in two 'unhappy face' on what is regularly a java or flash based advertisement).  the 900chml.com website is working, foxnews.com is back up and running for me, as well as the Toronto Star website.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!  They are really appreciated!

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

I am also having the red-x instead of images error.  I tried the suggested solution of setting browser configuration to internet browser, and power cycling, but problem persists. 

Configuration:

I have a Bold 9000

The About menu says v4.6.0.167 (Platform 4.0.0.217). 

Carrier is AT&T

In the Memory menu it says:

Application Memory

Free Space 21.8MB

Device Memory

Total Space:  859.2MB

Free Space:  286.7MB

A media card is not presently inserted in the device.

Symptoms:

When browsing the web, some of the pictures are displayed as expected on my Bold.  Then at some point in the page, all remaining pictures are displayed with the red x.

Suspicion:

memory capacity?

Appreciate any insight anyone can provide out there.

KF