Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Importing Outlook Contacts - BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition Smartphone

I haven't been able to figure out how to import my contacts from outlook onto my 8830 World Edition BB.

I have my gmail delivered to outlook, and I have the BB desktop manager all set up, but I haven't figured out how to import my contacts. Any thoughts?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Importing Outlook Contacts - BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition Smartphone

Step 1 Install Blackberry Desktop Manager Manager from
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Step2
Connect blackberry to your PC using a USB cable and let blackberry device driver install. When device driver install is complete, it will alert "hardware installed successfully" in your windows task tray.

Step3
Run Blackberry Desktop software and choose SYNCHRONIZE option.

Step4
Now choose CONFIGURE and you may select CONTACTS, CALENDAR, NOTES, and TASKS databases by clicking check boxes next to each. After you select each item, it will ask which application you would like to sync it with, you will choose OUTLOOK for all.

Step5
Now click OK out of all windows until you are at the main blackberry desktop manager screen. click SYNCHRONIZE. Make sure that the SYCHRONIZE ORGANIZER DATA check box is checked. Now click SYNCHRONIZE NOW to begin synchronization.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you. I got it started but ran into one other problem that I couldn't work my way through.

I got a message after I clicked on address book that said "synchronization is unavailable for address book because the application is configured for wireless synchronization."

How do I disable the wireless synchronization?

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In the Addres Book > Options > disable wireless sync.

Are you on a BES?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mobinil

Hi there. I did everything you said in the post, but when I reached the last step and I clicked finish, I received a runtime error message that sais

, "folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder couldn't be found." Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mhindawy wrote:

Hi there. I did everything you said in the post, but when I reached the last step and I clicked finish, I received a runtime error message that sais

, "folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder couldn't be found." Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB15812 "Runtime error - folder is no longer part of system data source or data could not be found" error message appears when configuring or synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi, I have the same problem.

Which addressbook are you talking about?

Thanks.