Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Importing pics from my device to my computer

Hi Everyone,

I have had my Tour 9630 for years and never had a problem importing pics until yesterday. I can see the pics I want to import on my phone but when I connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software, they don't show up in the "Pictures" tab under "Media Sync" I get the following message, "There are no pictures to import from your device"

Also, when I connect the USB cable from the phone to the Tour, I also get this message, "Do you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode? You might not be able to access some media files in this mode" This is the first time that I have seen this message.

One last item, I went to Wal-Mart on Sunday (24 MAR) and using my micro card in their machine, printed one pic. This is where I believe my problem started because it seems the Desktop Software can read the micro card any more. Can anyone out there get me back to the point where I can import my pics again using the BlackBerry Desktop Software? Also, is there a USB type device out there that I can insert my micro card into and download my pics until I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

1Lonewolf

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Importing pics from my device to my computer

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I can't tell you why the Desktop Software stopped working for you...I personally never use it for that purpose at all. Rather, I use Mass Storage Mode, which allows me to treat my BB as a USB drive (2 drives, if there is a media card in the BB) from my Windows computer...allowing me to drag/drop all files that I desire to/from the BB in any manner I choose.

If you want to pursue that, refer:

1Lonewolf wrote:

Also, is there a USB type device out there that I can insert my micro card into and download my pics until I resolve this problem?

There are many types of USB SD card readers available for computers. Some are large devices, internally installed into the PC. Others are an adapter with a USB plug on one end, and an SD Card Slot on the other. And there are many variations in between. You should shop for a USB SD Card reader device and choose the one that best meets your needs for price and capability.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

I want to thank you for your reply/solutions while they in themselves didn't fix my problem, the first sentence in the first paragraph prompted me to check for software updates. I found one and did the download and I am good to go now. I probably corrupted a file/files by disconnecting the phone from the USB without following proper procedures, which I won't do again. Again, thanks for jogging my memory!!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...and I'm glad that you got going again! Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................