Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Importing video to the Bold

I used cucusoft to convert dvd then drag and dropped them on my 8gb sd card, like I would on the ipod, and they work fine for movies.

I've have my biggest problem with .wmv when emailed to me I can't open or save and open from my e-mail.

I can drag them from the computer to the storage card and they play fine.

what, if anything can be done to view them in while in the email.

I get the error this device can't play the file.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Check this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05419&sliceId=2&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Is there a specific size limit to the videos that are imported to the bold? I have tried importing full-length videos in 3gp format to my handset, and they transfer quite nicely. However, after about 4 minutes, an error notice always comes up. why is this???
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

How import the videos? with media manager?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Visitor

Hello - I just tried to download MPEG video clips to my new BB Bold using the media transfer software (roxio) the s/w works fine but the phone does not recognize the video (or the format).  I saw your posting from November08 recommending buying some software to convert MPEG to 3GP (i think).  Do you (or anyone) know of another way for to get the bold to recognize the format?  I can't believe it doesn't recognize MPEG files!...........Thx

The whole forward and reverse was buggin me out too. I use "Any Video Converter Pro 2.2.2". Select Mpeg-4 and change res to 480x320.  Is this the perfect efficient way? I dont know ...some things I have not tried ....but the forward and the reverse WORKS and the pic looks fine.

I purchased a program for backing up my DVD's (DVDfab), it also has setting for backing up a DVD to mobile devices. Bunch of pre-configured setting plus a "Generic" setting which allows the user to customize settings for their own specific device. One of the pre-configured settings is for the BB Storm which happens to work well in my Bold.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 900
My Carrier: ATT

I have been struggling with this as well. I now believe that, in addition to the codecs used, the screen resolution of the video file is important. The Bold screen is only 480 x 320. If you are converting a widescreen video be sure to set the resolution to 480 x 270. I have encoded video as mpeg4 based mp4 as well as xvid based avi with excellent results as long as the resolution is set to 480 x 270. I haven't done any SD video, but my guess is that 320 x 240 would work well.

Highlighted
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Even HD video playback is possible if you know the right conversion techniques. Learn about them here: 

<a href="http://twurl.nl/smgaij">3gp video</a>