Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Impossible to run desktop software - error message : the file is not a valide win32 application

Hi,

I'm trying to install desktop software for my 8310.

The software I download from the website doesn't run. Each time, I get the following error message: "the file is not a valide win32 application".

Here's the URL: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/#tab_tab_desktop

I've tried downloading the last version (4.7) and earlier versions: 4.3, 4.2, 4.0.

Here are file names:

470_b050_multilanguage.exe

430_b025_multilanguage.exe

Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_(English).exe

BlackBerry_Desktop_Software_v4.0_SP1ML.exe

I'm running a DELL inspiron , w/ a regular WinXP-SP2-pro , regularly updated. No known problems

Thanks for your help

Sibawe

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Impossible to run desktop software - error message : the file is not a valide win32 application

It sounds like you are downloading the operating system for your phone, and not the desktop manager

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

Re: Impossible to run desktop software - error message : the file is not a valide win32 application

I'm having the same problem, only with Vista. I'm fairly certain that I downloaded the desktop software, but I get the "....\470_b050_english.exe is not a valid Win32 application" message. 

What gives?

Hi,

BBHorrigan => The webpage says "BlackBerry Desktop Software runs on your desktop PC ... " so I guess I'm at the right place.

If you're thinking about the "Device Software", it was downloaded and installed successfully from my provider

JamieD => Did you experience the same with XP ?

I'll send many kudos when this thing is solved !!

Thanks

Sibawe

New Contributor

I'm not running XP (unfortunately), but Vista. I figured this was just another Vista issue until I saw where you were running XP......

New Contributor

I used a more reliable internet connection, re-downloaded the software - everything installed correctly... Go figure.

Hi,

I found a CD and installed it successfully, so the computer wasn't the problem.

internet connection? maybe. the download rate was **bleep** slow (20kB/s), and it took 2 hours. I guess errors could have slipped in during the transfer.

Strange

Thanks to everyone for their help

Sibawe