Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

In Built Media Storage Problems

Hi there,

Just now out of the blue i received a message "uncaught exception net.rim.vm.Stack Overflow Error" and have now lost everything on my inbuilt media storage.  I took my battery out and received a message "built in media storage not accessible due to detective errors.  Do you wish to repair now?"  I pressed YES and then it gave a message "If lost clusters are found during repairs, do you want to save them?" and I pressed YES again.  It tried to repair but failed.  I have lost all my photos and music.  Is there a way of getting them back?  I also have a new 8 gig memory which i have now changed everything to save onto.  Please help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: In Built Media Storage Problems

Hi Carmen,

Have you recenlty taken backup of your device including in built media storage, if yes then you may restroe your data from there otherwise it would be difficult to recover the lost data.

Further try to boot your handheld by battery pull, while device is powered ON & re-insert battery after a min, then check..!!

Good luck...!!