Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

In car charger.

I only bought my Blackberry 9900 on Monday however, when I tried to charge the handset via the power point in the car by use of a standard mobile phone car charger, (Works well on a Blackberry 9320) it wouldn't charge and came up with a message to this effect. On trying several car chargers all resulted in the same. A search on the internet showed others with the same problem, with a solution that the 9900 will only charge in the car by use of a Blackberry in car charger. Bought one today, just under £20, seems a little harsh to myself, but this maybe of interest to fellow 9900 owners.

Highlighted
BH1
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: In car charger.

I have the same problem.  When I upgraded from an 8350 to a 9300, I found half my USB chargers stopped working, now I have upgraded to a 9900, the only ones that seem to work are BB ones.  I have tried USB outputs on laptop PSUs, some PCs won't charge it.  Is this a plot by BB to make sure you only buy BB chargers..:smileywink:.

Sometimes you don't have access to the correct charger & just need to plug it into the first USB power source you can find to keep it on and at the moment this just isn't possible

It is the voltage that is the issue here or are there pins in the lead that tell it what charger it is.

PLEASE can BB make the charger detection less sensitive & make all us BB users happy!