Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

JAK
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

In need of major help - exchange server

I need some major help. I just bought my first Blaclberry (8330) and can't get the email to work. We are set up on exchange with Outlook web access. When I go through all the steps I get a message that says a connection could not be established. Check that the server name is correct and the server is available. I know the server name is correct because I use it to connect to my email away from the office on my home computer as well as my laptop. I'm not very computer minded so can anyone tell me what I'm missing. When I logged on to my email account from the home computer tonight i got a message about a certificate error. Would this make a differnce? We have a guy who works on our computers and he isn't that familiar with the Blackberry. He mentioned something about using a POP account. I had no luck there either. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: In need of major help - exchange server

sounds like your exchange server is using an invalid ssl certificate.  Contact whoever manages your Exchange environment and ask him to walk through the process with you.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Highlighted
JAK
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: In need of major help - exchange server

I will try this. Do you think that would cause this whole problem?