Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT & T

Incoming emails are no longer being received

Incoming emails are no longer being received on my phone.  How do I fix this problem?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Incoming emails are no longer being received

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I tried to follow these steps but on the first step, Register HRT,  I never received the Registration Message in my message app.   Of course I didn't expect to since I'm not receiving my messages.  Should I keep waiting or proceed?  It's been about 15 minutes.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

If any step in the process fails, you fall out of the process to the end, where it says:

• Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

It is your choice as to how long to wait...but IMHO 15 minutes is plenty of time for the HRT to have arrived.

billnap2844 wrote:

Of course I didn't expect to since I'm not receiving my messages.

Actually, what you are not receiving (as per your report) is email messages...there are many kinds of messages, with emails being only one of them. The HRT message is not an email message.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks.  The message did finally arrive. 

I deleted the Service Book associated with that email account.

There were actually 2 of them and I deleted them both. 

I continued and when I try to open the Email Account icon nothing happens. 

I had been trying to get there using that icon since this problem first occurred but It has never opened. 

I have a second email account on the blackberry and that one works. 

That one also had 2 Service Book records.

Any suggestions?  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks..

Hall of Famer III

billnap2844 wrote:

I continued and when I try to open the Email Account icon nothing happens. 

I had been trying to get there using that icon since this problem first occurred but It has never opened. 

Oh...that's certainly new information, and may well shed some light on the situation. Before I proceed, anything else you've not yet revealed?

New Contributor

ok, from the beginning.

My Blackberry is a Bold 9650 that I've had about 3 years.

I had to change my Yanoo email password.  

I received an email from Yahoo that my account may have been hacked and that I should change the password.

I went into my email thru my laptop and changed the password. 

I forgot about making the change on my Blackberry. 

It took about a day for me to realize I wasn't getting my Yahoo emails.

Eventually, I went to the my Blackberry Setup to make the matching change by pressing the Email Account button, but it wouldn't open. From the beginning nothing happened when I go into the Email Account Setup.  If I press any of the other setop Icons (Blackberry Messenger, Social Networking, Bluetooth, WiFi) they open. 

At one point, I even went back and changed the password back to the original password, thinking it would match again and I could access the account on the Blackberry again and maybe even get into the Email Account setup again.  Surprisingly, it still didn't work and I still didn't get my emails thru the Blackberry. 

I think that's about it.  Thanks for your help. 

Hall of Famer III

OK thanks.

Changing the password at Yahoo has nothing to do with this problem. Rather, the email configuration app on your device won't open for some reason -- but it's basic function is not tied to your Yahoo account. Consider -- the email configuration app is there for ALL of your email accounts...for the password of just one of them to affect the function of the app is not logical.

In any event, you must now decide how you wish to proceed. There are other methods for accessing and configuring your email accounts, but the process of trying to "fix" your email configuration app may well require re-configuration of ALL of your email accounts anyway.

So, please choose:

1) Proceed with trying to get your Yahoo email working again, ignoring the inability to use the on-device email configuration app

- OR -

2) Proceed with trying to resolve your email configuration app issues, which may well require you to reconfigure your entire device (e.g., a full device WIPE and/or OS reload may be required)

Cheers and let us know!