Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: att

Incomplete Message Screen

After the first few lines of a received email message, the screen just shows a checkerboard pattern and no more message.  What can I do to get the rest of the message?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Incomplete Message Screen

Hello adelina5364

Welcome to the Community

The checkerboard pattern only appears when an HTML page loads up and it seems that the email that you received views only part of it and the rest was just the unloaded pattern. While on this page, please the Menu button then choose Get Plain Text, you will then see the entire page without the images. Press the menu button again and choose Get HTML and the screen should load up with the images. Just make sure you have a good coverage while getting the HTML page loaded up because it may end up getting the unloaded pattern again.

Goodluck and please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Highlighted
My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: att

Re: Incomplete Message Screen

Thanks, Ron, but unfortunately, we've not been successful.  I followed your directions, but still ended up with the checkerboard pattern.  I'm totally stumped.  Not only is the latest email showing the checkerboard pattern, but all previous email messages are showing the same pattern.  It's like someone flipped a switch and all my email messages on each of the four email accounts in my Blackberry Bold 9900 are now blue/white checkerboards.  Where do we go from here???!!!

Addie Alberghini