Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

os
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Increasing ring tone time

I have a BB  8310.  I have downloaded the ringing tone from the options menu.  The only problem with this tone is that it only rings a couple of times.  Many times I just can't get the phone open fast enough and it rolls over to the lost call site.  I have the phone set to ring the maximum number of times.  Is there any other way to get this phone to ring longer then the standard 2 times?  Or do I need to load a tone from the internet?
Regular Contributor

Re: Increasing ring tone time

The aspect your looking to increase is controlled by your carrier.   The BlackBerry dosn't store your voicemails, and the amount of time your phone "rings" before switching to voicemail is all carrier controlled.
Highlighted
New Contributor

There is a site http://www.myxer.com.  You can make your own ringtones there.  You will have to set up an account.  Click on the MAKE tab and upload.  If you already have music ripped to your computer choose one of your favorites or rip one of your favorites to your hard drive.  Once it is uploaded click on "customize."  There you can set the length and volume of the ringtone.  I suggest choosing the normal setting for the volume.  I chose Average White Band's "School Boy Crush" for one of my ringtones. It is 34 seconds long.  You can choose from ringtones that are featured on the site.  But I think it is pretty cool to make your own.  Best part of it is the word FREE...as long as you don't share.  Making for personal use does not violate any copyrights. 
New Contributor

I have this  problem too on the 8120, my phone only rings 3 times but with my service provider it doesnt go to voicemail until 45seconds.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Ben is right. It's carrier who decides how may times your phone will ring....6...8...or whatever times!!! It doesn't matter whatever the length of tone is set in your device. Regarding call forwarding to voice mail can be set manually (Call Forwarding Not Reachable - CFNRC). This option is can be set to any value from 5 to 30 second.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

This is true in Australia too.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq