Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Initial Plugin: Verifying Applications

Hi Folks,
New to the site and new to Blackberry so go gentle with me.
I received my new Pearl 8110 on T-Mobile last week and after loading the Desktop Manager software plugged my device in to start to sync, but keep recieving this message

Initial Plugin: verifying applications
Checking the status of the applications on the device. This is only required on the first connection of the device to a new desktop installation.

I have downloaded software from the Blackberry site, used the enclosed disc, used both my laptop and desk top and only yesterday T-Mobile replaced the handset but all to no avail, it still hangs.

Any advice would be gratefully welcome.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Initial Plugin: Verifying Applications

There are 2 pieces of software you need.  The Desktop Manager you obviously have, but have you also installed the device software for your model?  That is what the DM is trying to compare - it is looking at the software on the handheld to see if the desktop/laptop has a newer version available for it.  If the handheld software isn't installed, it should have skipped past that step, but giving it the right software to use might help.  It doesn't come on the CD, you have to download it from:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

posted by DigitalFrog