Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Input language in text message - please help!

Hi everyone,

Please help if you can, I'm really stuck!!

For some reason, the 'input' language has started to appear in the top right hand corner of the SMS composition screen. Ever since this has happened, my text message function hasn't been working properly - people have said that they have been receiving my texts as a series of symbols and squares, and I can't send anything if the cursor is on a word not recognised by the dictionary. My partner has the same phone as me, and I've checked that our settings appear identical, but I am the only one experiencing these problems!

Thank you so much

Jayney x

New Developer
My Device: Bold

Re: Input language in text message - please help!

Jayney,

What device are you using, and what version of software is it running? (Go to Options > About)

New Contributor

It says Blackberry 8900 smartphone (EDGE, Wi-Fi) v4.6.1.101 (Platform 4.2.0.72) - then there is loads more information relating to various 'Micro editions' - is this relevant?

Thanks

Jayney x

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Multiple input languages are installed by default on the device. If you don't plan on using multiple languages for text input, you can remove the other input langues using the Desktop Manager.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

I have the same problem with my phone actually and that's why I joined the forum, to see if anyone can help me get rid of it.

What happened with mine is, my brother asked me to write a sentence in Spanish so I changed the language to Spanish. After I sent him the text I changed the language back to English and now there is a square on the upper right hand corne with EN and it won't go away.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Once you begin changing the input language, that icon will not go away. It basically reminds you of which language you're currently using, in case you forget.
New Developer
My Device: Bold

what happens if you remove all the alternative input languages? does the indicator go away? If you have multiple languages installed I'd expect it to indicate which one you're using...
Highlighted

I am having the same problem and I have read what people posted here and it didnt fix the problem for me.  Did you get yours fixed and if so how did you get it fixed