Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Input system error. The system is being restarted

This error occurs when checking spelling with the Bold 9000 ver. 134.  Note that spell check notices mistyped words but will not correct/suggest using menu or option settings.

Re-installed OS but no improvement

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Input system error. The system is being restarted

Hmmm I get this message on rare occasions.

I would recommend updating to software version 4.6.0.147 or the new 4.6.0.162. You can get instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/153864-latest-os-bold-9000-4-6-0...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
OS 4.6.0.168

Tried disabling all spellcheck options in the options screen.

This still happens.

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!

a quick search on this string, 'input system error - the system is being restarted' on the forums gave more than a few responses. this error has nothing to do with spell check. it could be a run time error or poorly written OS with memory leaks, or something more fundamental. can't wait to hear from an insider to tell the truth.

this error message can happen anytime & anywhere. it has been reported to happen on numerous different incidences and on various applications. take my case as an example, I got it when I tried to open up my browser on my BB Bold OS v4.6.0.162 An hour glass showed up but never seemed to go away. the system just did not restart as it said it would.

waiting definitely didn't solve the problem. power down didn't solve the problem. what took care of it was taking the battery out while it's still running (posted by Trusted Contributor hmeister) is this the proper way of doing a reboot? can someone validate this?

BB is suppose to be a solid device built on solid applications. what has happened to sacrifice its reliability? BB Bold experience leaves me with serious doubt in this new OS v4.6 m.youtube.com craps out almost always. Mac OS support from PocketMac is still not available. RF component (antenna) craps out in less than 3 wks and calls placed cannot be connected. Asia character font support aren't available for north american markets. Come on man .... can somebody hear my frustration? does anybody know how I can get in touch with Blackberry Technical Support from RIM? 'cause none of the guys at the carrier (mobile phone company) level could answer any of my questions, not even one

sigh 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I also had to upgrade to a newer OS.  I went with one that was later than what my carrier provides, but that was an approved release by RIM.  I chose not to do a BETA.  This actually fixed several problems I had.

Brad

Hi, Have you been successful in resolving the error? I am still in total darkness!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had the same problem after updating OS 6 on Curve 9300. Can any body help ?

My Device: curve 8250
My Carrier: stc

just enable the multitap from the menu button 

My Carrier: *

[ Edited ]
  1. you should connect your device to the PC
  2. open Blackberry Desktop Software
  3. go to: Device > Delete Data
  4. choose Selected Data
  5. select these options:
          - Input Learning Data
          - Input Method Options
          - Input Method Switcher Optic
          - Input System Properties
  6. delete the selected data
  7. restart your handle

enable Multitap wont solve the problem

WORKS FOR ANY BLAKBERRY, ANY OS, ANY INPUT LANGUAGE

Regards

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks a lot. you're the oho helped me after searching for help for more than 5 months Smiley Happy