Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Install issue, software disappears

Running Windows XP, Blackberry 8820, had desktop software installed previously, was uninstalled.  Downloaded latest version of software from Blackberry site (long! download).  Ran install without error messages, but software is not there.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, no software.  Found suggestions on this forum for a clean uninstall, removed entries from the Registry and registered the msi file, reinstalled software, same thing.  No error messages on install but the software is not on the programs list and there is no folder in Programs.  Please help!

Jean

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Install issue, software disappears

Hi and welcome!

Are you getting any error messages while downloading:

Are you opening the exe file that downloads?

Let me know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Install issue, software disappears

Does the software show up in Add/Remove Programs?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.