Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8900

Install theme

Hi

I am a newbie BB owner and cannot figure out how to install a theme.  I downloaded it as a zip file, used BBFileScout to extract it to a folder on my media card and from there I don't know what to do.  I searched the posts and could not find anything quite to help me.  I would appreciate some advice.  Thanks in advance.

Joe

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Install theme

[ Edited ]

If you DL the theme to your computer, then after you have extracted the files to your computer (not your device memory card) then you have to instal via DM.  Here are the steps:

1. Open DM
  2. Selelct Application Loader
  3. Select Add/Remove Application (Press start)
  4. Select Browse (It will then prompt you to look for your file - go to where you saved it on your computer)
  5. Select the alx file
  6. Select next and just follow the options along the bottom

You can not save themes to your media card and have them work on your BB, they must be saved directly to the device.  Once you instal via DM or OTA then the theme will appear in your themes under options.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by melh72 on 08-16-2009 04:57 PM
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Batelco

hey ... 

wanted  to ask ... when i extract the files ... i dont have an alx file but a COD file ? it doesnt work !

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Mobilink

I'm going through the same thing. Please, do let me know if you might be able to resolve the issue.

I also have something that is a .jad file. There are converters from this format to the .alx but you still need the .cod. I'm stumped.

My Device: blackberry 3G 9300
My Carrier: TM

hi.I followed your instructions, but I can't download themes Smiley Sad it says that the device doesn't have sufficient storage space (once I checked, it has 71 MB free)..and I was trying to download only 308 kb file :'( pls help..thanks

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: blackberry

where is the application loader in bbdesktop manager

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: blackberry

i installed theme through appliction manager after that how to change it