Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Installation/Connection Issues - Currently version 4.2.2.12

Our offices recently changed our internal domain, and after the change my desktop manager started asking for the 8830.msi for installation.  I tried installing a new version to no avail.  I read the forums and instructions and spent the better part of a day removing all traces of the desktop software from files and registry.  I reinstalled the 4.2.2.12 from my original CD, as I know it worked flawlessly prior to the domain migration.  I now have 3 issues:

1.   When I first launch the desktop manager, a "Preparing to Install" window briefly pops us and then closes (more on this later).

2.   I have specified the same BES information (confirmed by our BES administrator) but receive an error message saying it is unavailable or specified incorrectly, so I cannot attach to the BES.

3.  When the Desktop Manager is launched, it flashes several "Preparing to Install" windows, connects to the Desktop Manager for a few seconds, then disconnects from the Desktop Manager.  The cable is OK, as the device maintains connectivity to the PC.

Please help, as I will be overseeing a corporate device upgrade next year and hope to use the Desktop Manager software on each user's (800 total) PC to swap and activate the new devices.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Installation/Connection Issues - Currently version 4.2.2.12

Ahhh... the msi error. The best way to have gotten rid of that would have been to login under your old credentials and completely remove the DM. Then sign in under your new credentials and install the DM. However, I have found a way around all of that.

Try completing a windows installer cleanup. You can find this on microsofts website.

~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Installation/Connection Issues - Currently version 4.2.2.12

1) uninstall the Desktop Manager properly and completely :
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/articles/545/KB02206_f.SAL_Public.html

2) install the Desktop Manager properly too Smiley Happy
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: