Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Installation Files Cannot be Validated for Desktop Manager 6.1 - Recommended/Standard Knowledge Base Fix Does not Work for Me

Ok thanks NGL - the cert thread put '?'s in the file when I copied/pasted, but copying from the original technet article didn't:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/thread/527a4868-3803-4c99-b1a9-79...

Once the cert imported, worked fine - so as you say in your blog/post, it's a retarded mistake on RIMs part. 1 Dell fresh out of the box, 1 Dell reinstalled from a Win7 DVD shouldn't fail on ONLY their installer, regardless if the actual problem is verisign/dell/microsoft. And they need to update that tech article because as you say, installing all the roots did nothing for me either. I would have been a lot less annoyed if the first tech result had the proper solution with a downloadable cert that I could have imported.

For the record I switched my corp phone to Android awhile back, but I still have 50 BB users. **bleep** like this makes it hard to justify keeping the BBs.

Once again, thanks to the user community!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Installation Files Cannot be Validated for Desktop Manager 6.1 - Recommended/Standard Knowledge Base Fix Does not Work for Me

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Check this out it may help

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB28396

To retrieve the root certificates via Windows update, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
  2. Select Custom.
  3. Under Select by Type, click on Software, Optional.
  4. Check to install Root Certificates
otx
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Indosat

it's giving me headache for 3 days. BUT! I found the most simple answer to this question: connect your pc to internet while installing. And voila! it works like charm. Hope it helps anyone desperate like me. Smiley LOL

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

It is a very simple solution..WHen installing the DM software, just make sure you are connected to the internet

Highlighted
My Device: BB 8320 (Curve 1) and Nokia N97, 32GB
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Too difficult to understand, would appreciate it more light  is thrown on the renaming of the file, I don't seem to get the options of renaming the file. pls help       from[removed personal info]