Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Installing Apps on Blackberry 8310

Hi-

I am a complete newbie to all of this so please bare with me.  I have been desperately trying to install applications onto my blackberry 8310 and am getting to the point where I want to give up.  The program I received was a .jar file, which I converted (I think) to both a .cod and .alx and then there's also a .jad file, all now in one folder.  I'm trying to install the program using desktop manager and the first error I received was:

907 Invalid JAR (when trying to download the JAR file)

Now I've tried using Application Loader within DM and I get the following message:

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]

I've been to many message boards and I just need someone to give it to me straight in a step-by-step fashion.  The converter I used was a version1.3.1 I believe and my blackberry device is a v4.2.2.170.

Can someone please help me?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Installing Apps on Blackberry 8310

So the programs you're trying to install don't have an OTA (Over the Air) version to install by downloading from a website? That's how most people install apps onto their devices.

Have a look at this post for how to load JAR/JAD files onto a BlackBerry

http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47229

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

No, apparently not.  I was sent a link, to download the files and save onto my computer and now I'm using a USB cable to try and load the apps from my computer to my phone.

The only issue I think I'll come across by using the instructions you sent me, is my being unfamilar with DOS.  I've never used it before...don't even know if I have it on my computer.  This is where I'm getting lost since I think I have everything I need, I just don't really know what to do with it.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Which program(s) are you trying to load?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.